Themes & Activities
Each week will be centered around a common theme that informs our field trips, projects, and activities:
- WEEK 1 | LA TERRE (Earth): During Earth Week (June 24-28), your camper can expect fun science experiments, art projects incorporating science and technology, and field trips to explore our Earth first hand.
- WEEK 2 | LE CIEL (Sky): It’s a bird! It’s a plane! It’s both! During Sky Week (July 1-5), we will discover more about our atmosphere, including flying vehicles, animals, and meteorology. (Note: No camp on July 4, 2019.)
- WEEK 3 | L’ESPACE (Outer Space): During Outer Space Week (July 8-12), we will visit a planetarium, learn about planets, stars, and rockets, and even have a visit from a real rocket scientist!
We will carry on our beloved annual traditions of weekly “kermesse” — based on the French regional carnivals — and a Bastille Day party picnic at Luther Burbank Park the last week of camp (open to any and all campers who attended any of the three weeks).
Leaders Par Excellence
Our staff comprises current FASPS teachers and teaching assistants who are native French speakers, as well as FASPS staff and youth volunteers who are fluent in French. With only 15 to 20 campers and two to three staff members per group, our Camp d'été program ensures each camper gets the individualized attention and support they need to learn French and have fun!
Registration will open March 1, 2019, and close May 31, 2019.
Dates & Costs
There are three one-week sessions for 2019. You can register for one, two, or all three weeks.
- Week 1 (June 24-28, 2019): $400.00
- Week 2 (July 1-5, 2019): $320.00 (Note: No Camp on Wednesday, July 4)
- Week 3 (July 8-12, 2019): $400.00
Registration costs include a $100 nonrefundable registration deposit per camper. Receive a $40 discount if you register for all three weeks!
- Camp d’été is from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Before-care is offered from 8:00am to 9:00am or $10.50 / day.
- After-care is offered from 4:00pm to 6:00pm or $21 / day.
Camp d’été is open to campers entering YPK (fully toilet trained) through entering Grade 5 in the fall 2019 (ages 3-10). No previous French experience is necessary.