FASPS’s Alumni Program strives to create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships between FASPS, our alumni students, and our alumni families more broadly and to engage our alumni with each other. Every year we maintain and enhance our ties with FASPS alumni students through the following activities:
Programme de langue française et de culture francophone (Saturday Advanced French Class)
The Programme de Langue Française et Culture Francophone (French Language and Francophone Culture Program) for the 2022–2023 school year, which aims to give high school students (and specifically FASPS’s alumni students) an opportunity to maintain and further develop their French language skills, particularly in preparation for the AP French Language and Culture exam and the DELF B1/B2. FASPS faculty members leading the class will be confirmed soon. The class will begin September 2022 and run through June 2023, with a fixed calendar shared at the time of registration, confirming class dates and dates where there will be no class due to holiday / vacation. Registration for this program will open late August 2022. Stay tuned for more information in FASPS’s Alumni News e-newsletter, Friday Flash, and on this webpage. Please contact RenK@FASPS.org
with any questions.
What sets FASPS's Programme de Langue Française et Culture Francophone for high school students apart?
- Our program includes two, 75-minute independent sessions (9:00–10:15am / 10:45am–12:00pm) with a 30-minute break in between.
- Our instructors are accredited by the French Ministry of National Education and certified to be DELF examiners. Their diverse backgrounds serve to widen the scope of the curriculum and keep it interesting for students.
- Our program prepares students to take the AP French Language and Culture exam and the DELF B1/B2.
- We have a 100% success rate for students taking the DELF B2 and AP French exams.
- Our cultural outings are in official collaboration with the Alliance Française de Seattle, the French-American Chamber of Commerce (Seattle-PNW), and the City of Seattle, as well as special guests from France.
- We offer a rich diversity of activities planned for the year, covering both oral and written comprehension and expression.
- Three to four mock exams are scheduled throughout the year, and teachers will regularly communicate with parents.
- The variety of themes covered in class (art, society, environment, politics, health, travel, sports, media) ensures conformity with the AP and DELF B1/B2 programs.
- We are dedicated to ensuring our students master the French language in both oral and written comprehension and expression through a variety of challenging exercises (essays, etc.).
- Our program integrates FASPS’s core value of cultural agility to help students develop a global, intercultural perspective.
Stay in Touch!