Hello Parents, Grandparents, Family, and Friends!
All of us at FASPS are very excited to welcome our guests to Grandparents, Family, and Friends Days on Thursday and Friday, December 20 and 21! Below you will find the schedules for both days, as well as information on how to register all attending guests, where to park, what we will have available at our Winter Market, and more. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at Info@FASPS.org
. Thank you and see you soon! Merci et à bientôt!SCHEDULE FOR GRADES YPK THROUGH 5
Thursday, December 20:
- Grade 1: 1:30pm-2:00pm (Arrive anytime between 12:45pm and 1:30pm.)
- Grade 2: 2:30pm-3:00pm (Arrive anytime between 1:45pm and 2:30pm.)
Friday, December 21:
FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL GRANDPARENTS, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS
- Grade 4: 9:45am-10:15am (Arrive anytime between 9:00am and 9:45am.)
- Grade 5: 9:45am-10:15am (Arrive anytime between 9:00am and 9:45am.)
- Grade 3: 10:45am-11:15am (Arrive anytime between 10:00am and 10:45am.)
- Kindergarten: 1:30pm-2:00pm (Arrive anytime between 12:45pm and 1:30pm.)
- Young Pre-kindergarten: 2:00pm-2:30pm (Arrive anytime between 1:15pm and 2:00pm)
- Pre-kindergarten: 2:00pm-2:30pm (Arrive anytime between 1:15pm and 2:00pm.)
This year all Middle School students will have the opportunity to help out for 30 minutes through their Advisory groups. The half hour will take place during one of the times that are set for Lower School visits from Thursday to Friday afternoon. What are some of the ways they might step in?
- Lead a small group activity within a Lower School classroom.
- Be a friend for a child who needs one.
- Serve and clear at the café.
- Volunteer at a Winter Market.
Grandparents, family, and friends who would like to join their Middle School student have the option of making a visit during the time scheduled for helping out (see below) or outside of this time. If you join us during the time for helping out, your child can share a hot drink and visit the Winter Market with you instead of volunteering. If you would like for your child to both volunteer and visit family and/or friends at the café, this is an option. In this case, we will send your child to join you at your request. Below you see when the different Advisories will be excused to volunteer. In most cases, students will miss between 10-15 minutes of one class and 10-15 minutes of a different class. Please reach out to Stacy Chandler, Middle School Head, should you desire more information about which classes are affected.
- Thursday 1:30pm-2:00pm: Cécile Joubert and Alexandre Balet
- Thursday 2:30pm-3:00pm: Pierre-Benoît Penin and Christina Wong
- Friday 9:45am-10:15am: Hannah Duff, Clay Blankenship, James Coley, and Emeric Lefebvre
- Friday 10:45am-11:15am: Sarah Blick, Charles Sisson, and Anne Sophie Cuna
- Friday 1:30pm-2:30pm: Rebecca Johnson and Wenjun Tang
In addition to the above activities, Middle School students are also invited to join Lower School siblings at the time of their grandparent, family or friends' visit. For families with children across the divisions, this can reduce multiple visits. Unless otherwise specified by you or your child at the time scheduled for the visit, we will send your child to their sibling’s class.
In order to minimize disruption to academic learning, the Middle School faculty will not plan tests or other graded assignments that require students’ presence over these two days. The focus will be on learning activities and tasks. Contrary to prior years, we will hold regular classes on Friday afternoon. Students who miss the end of a class can check their assignments on MyFASPS. Please let Stacy know if you have any comments or questions. We look forward to two super Grandparents, Family, and Friends Days for all at FASPS!
A FEW GENERAL DETAILS:
- There will be coffee and tea available at the Winter Market free of charge.
- Please respect the times allocated to each class to ensure the celebration is enjoyable and safe for everyone.
- Teachers may have planned activities in their classrooms for students and guests during their visit.
- Doors will be open to guests 45 minutes before each session. We will have complimentary coffee and tea, and the Winter Market will be taking place.
- If you have time between visits, we encourage you to visit local shops on Mercer Island, including the café at the SJCC across the parking lot, in order to respect those students and teachers who will have regular class sessions.
WHERE TO PARK:
Both Thursday and Friday, December 20 and 21, will be crowded, so we ask for your patience and cooperation with parking.
Preschool parents and guests: Please park on the south side parking lot on the main entrance side. Note: The north side will be closed for recess at 9:30am.
Carpooling is highly encouraged so that we can ease congestion as much as possible.
There is limited parking at FASPS (in green, below). Guests may also park in spaces 1-67 at the Herzl parking lot on the east side of East Mercer Way (in blue below) or on the street along East Mercer Way (be sure to leave clearance at driveways and side streets, and heed any no parking signs.
FASPS guests cannot park in the JCC lot. Thank you!
- For directions, click here.
- Open December 20 and 21.
- Located in the Multi-purpose Room.
- Available Treats: Assorted bakery items from Le Fournil, including pain de Noël.
- Available Merchandise: Limited quantity of torchons available (collectible tea towel with a self-portrait or drawing by each student from YPK through Grade 8), Esprit de FASPS merchandise (t-shirts, hoodies, caps, water bottles, travel mugs), and special edition FASPS merchandise making first appearance.
- All proceeds go to the Cultural Agility Fund, which helps pay for our students to go on field trips.
- Cash, credit cards, and checks accepted.
HOW TO RSVP:
RSVP by Friday, December 14 by filling out the form on this webpage. All guests must be registered, including parents.
We will check guests in for security purposes, so please do not forget to RSVP and register all guests (including parents). Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
We have a limit of four guests per student in order to ensure there is room for all families.
If you would like a guest to take your child home with them, please be sure you have given authorization
Please don't hesitate to Info@FASPS.org
if you have any further questions! (If you have registered on behalf of your guest, please share this information with them!)