Employment With FASPS
The French American School of Puget Sound | École Franco-Américaine du Puget Sound recruits and retains a diverse faculty and staff and facilitates ongoing professional development. Our employees represent a wide range of languages, nationalities, cultural backgrounds, and professional experiences.
The vast majority of teachers in our French program are native French speakers who have completed certification according to the French Ministry of National Education. Non-French program teachers have certification and/or advanced degrees in their subjects. As a whole, the faculty is made up of dedicated experts in their fields. Teachers work together as a team, respecting each other’s ideas and input. The school’s mission statement identifies excellence as one of its core values. Therefore, mission-appropriate employees aspire to the same standard of excellence that the school sets for its students, i.e., striving to work at one’s best.
The following are characteristics of a mission-appropriate member of the FASPS community:
- committed to academic excellence
- committed to and values bilingual education
- has an affinity for the French language and culture
- has a growth mindset
- is interested in multiculturalism, is globally minded, and is culturally aware and agile
- is committed to treating others with dignity and respect, and is committed to preserving and nurturing the diversity and inclusive nature of the school community
- is willing to engage in a long-term partnership with the school
- is an engaged citizen willing to volunteer or contribute time or other resources to the improvement of the school and local community
FASPS looks for qualified French and English teachers, assistant teachers, and substitutes who may be interested in applying for a job at our school. Current openings are listed below. If there are no listings below, then we are not currently accepting applications (in which case, please check back soon). Thank you!