Technology continues to change at a rate faster than ever imagined. We know that our students will work and live in a highly complex and technology-driven world.
The program at FASPS prepares children both conceptually and technically for the future, and is based on these guiding concepts:
- Technology should be integrated into the curriculum in a way that enhances and expands our programs in both French and English.
- Students and teachers need to have a certain level of computer literacy in order to access all that is available to them.
- Technology tools must be easily accessible, reliable, and appropriate for various grade levels.
- Students must learn to use technology and the internet in appropriate and safe ways.
- Technology helps teachers prepare cross-cultural and multi-language learning experiences for students.
- Effective communication between all members of the school community can be strengthened by the use of technology.
The school has an infrastructure in place that supports the ongoing expansion and upgrading of hardware, software, and other technology tools. Currently our students in grades 1 through 5 have access to a state-of-the-art computer lab, a mobile laptop station, and classrooms equipped with SmartBoards and projectors. In each maternelle classroom (YPK, PK, and Kindergarten) a computer station with age appropriate software is available for student use. The school’s library is also equipped with computers for students to use and research.